Of the four portraits that Cézanne painted of his wife wearing a shawl-collared red dress, this is the only one to show her in an elaborately furnished interior. Seated in a high-backed yellow chair and wedged between well-placed props that seem to bend to her form and shift to her weight, Madame Cézanne is the lynchpin of a tilting, spatially complex composition. The mottled blue wall, the dark red band that edges the wainscoting, and the mirror over the fireplace at left identify the setting as the apartment that Cézanne rented at 15 quai d’Anjou, Paris, from 1888 to 1890.
Stretched Canvas - Standard
- Latex print on finely structured canvas made of polyester fabric with printed mirrored edges
- Beautiful rich and high-quality colors for many years of joy
- Carefully crafted, ready to hang on 0.75 inch solid frame made of spruce wood
- Made in Germany with solvent-free paints
- Secure delivery carefully packed in a stable carton
- Available in different sizes