Unlike Monet, Renoir, Cézanne, and other artists in his circle, Pissarro painted few still lifes, most late in his career. This work of 1872 is, therefore, exceptional for its subject, as well as for its clearly expressed forms and subtle manipulation of light. There is only one other comparable painting by the artist, Apples and Pears in a Round Basket of the same year (private collection), which is identical in size and setting to the present canvas, featuring the same floral-patterned wallpaper in the background.
Stretched Canvas - Standard - XXL
- Latex print on finely structured canvas made of polyester fabric with printed mirrored edges
- Beautiful rich and high-quality colors for many years of joy
- Carefully crafted, ready to hang on 1.5 inch solid frame made of spruce wood
- Made in Germany with solvent-free paints
- Secure delivery carefully packed in a stable carton
- Available in different sizes